Fusion Project for New England
Maine Campus Compact, in partnership with Campus Compact for New Hampshire and Campus Compact for Southern New England, will lead a New England-wide initiative offering enhanced online teaching support as part of the Fusion Course.
The course will be offered free of charge to many faculty members in New England, based on availability.
Elements of the New England Fusion Project include:
- A 2-3 week Fusion curriculum/course that trains faculty in incorporating community-engaged education into online courses with a special introductory welcome session and added support throughout the course
- A series of 5 thematic workshop webinars (1.5 hours each) focused on topics such as engaging students in online settings and how to integrate community partnerships into online classes.
- Virtual drop-in office hours for faculty who need added support with engaged online teaching.
- A cross campus peer-to-peer resource hub for New England campuses and faculty.
How to participate:
If you are a faculty member in New England and would like to sign up for this free version of the Fusion Course, please register here. Be sure to include your institution name and New England work address to gain access to the special rate.
For many New England faculty, the course fee will be waived thanks to the generosity of the Davis Educational Foundation. Because we are eager to provide a large number of faculty across New England access to the course, we may need to limit the number of slots per state and per institution; access to the free program slots may need to be limited depending upon demand. In the event of high demand, priority will go to Campus Compact members.
Important Note for New England Participants:
New England faculty who register for the free Fusion participation have committed to the following and agree to:
- Attend the New England focused orientation (approximately 30 minutes), which is tied to the first Fusion Course Session
- Fully complete the course including any required classroom assignments (typically 3-4) and to submit your course blueprint
- Complete both the pre- and post-Fusion surveys
- Attend as many of the supplemental webinars and virtual drop-in sessions/coaching calls as your schedule allows
- Notify firstname.lastname@example.org seven (7) days in advance of the course start date if you need to cancel your participation so that we can fill your slot from the faculty waiting list
This course and initiative is supported by the Davis Educational Foundation established by Stanton and Elisabeth Davis after Mr. Davis' retirement as chairman of Shaw's Supermarkets, Inc